Monday, October 17, 2016

7:31 AM - No comments

The Biggest Moth I have ever seen.

I took the picture of the Moth placing it on my friends hand to show how big it was.
I was on my way toward the toilet when I saw this giant Moth, took my breath away. I was stunned as soon as I saw it. I was seeing it for the first time in my life. Yes,  a giant Moth.

It is amazing to find such a beautiful creature in this region. Moreover the pattern and colour is really great and beautiful that in words I’m not being able to describe it but the picture says it all.

I tried taking the picture without disturbing it but when I took the picture it seemed like i'm taking a picture of an ordinary moth. That’s why I made my friend Chogyel of political science to hold it on his hand so that the viewer could know and understand the actual size of the Moth. Taking the picture on the hand really shows how big and magnificent its wings are. Moreover the pattern it carries is so catchy and coluorful.


After taking the picture I tried to know it name and I found out that it was known as Attus Atlas and are commonly called Atlas moth and are found in tropical and subtropical region of Asia. Moreover I’m happy that I have seen one of its kind here in kanglung, Trashigang.

People love butterflies but not its close cousin that is Moth. Just like we humans do to fireflies. We love them, but haven't made life easy for them because we catch them. Some even put them in jar and they die. Moreover we make it difficult for moth to live in. they are normally attracted to light and most of them die in our home or near our corridor. Humans doesn’t care and just stamp on them without seeing carefully where they are stepping.

I’m learning not to do such things and trying to appreciate the beauty and everything that mother nature have been providing to us. Moreover trying to love each and everything in life brings happiness and drives away negativity too.

“Leaning is not the end but its just a beginning so learn to live while learning,”said my guru.






0 comments:

Post a Comment